Getaway Goddess - Sri Lanka - Women's Day Special
Cox and Kings
Last Viewed 16 mins ago
- Bentota (2N) - Nuwara Eliya (1N) - Kandy (1N) - Colombo (1N)
Meals - 15 Meals (5 Breakfasts + 5 Lunches + 5 Dinners)
- Bentota-Nuwara Eliya | Seat In Coach (Sic)
- Nuwara Eliya-Kandy | Seat In Coach (Sic)
- Kandy-Colombo | Seat In Coach (Sic)
Transfers from Bentota - Included
Transfers from Nuwara Eliya - Included
Transfers from Kandy - Included
Transfers from Colombo - Included
- Head massage (5 minutes) at Matale spice garden using authentic Sri Lankan oils
- Tea plucking experience at Nuwara Eliya wearing a saree
- Visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Experience the Mangrove Boat Ride
- Explore Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
Arrive Colombo - Bentota ( 85 km / approx. 2 hours drive) -
- Welcome to your 'Getaway Goddess - Sri Lanka ' tour!
- On arrival, your Cox & Kings representative will greets you at the 'meeting point' at the exit after immigration and customs, and transfers you comfortably to your resort in Bentota.
- Bentota is a coastal town which derives its name from a mythical demon 'Ben' who ruled the river banks or 'tota'.
- The city is graced by beautiful palm trees. It is a destination for water sports and is also famous for 'Ayurveda' an ancient form of healing.
- The rest of the day is at leisure for independent activities.
- Overnight in Bentota.
- Today, after a leisurely breakfast, proceed for a Mangrove boat ride.
- Spend the morning exploring the varying species of mangrove, river banks and lily clad islands on the search for prehistoric creatures such as monitor lizards, crocodiles and the beautiful birds of prey which patrol the area.
- Next, visit Madu River, a shallow water body in southwest Sri Lanka, which enters the sea at Balapitiya.
- Later, proceed to the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery. Kosgoda Turtle Care program aims to protect sea turtle eggs which are endangered by humans and predators and also make huge efforts to increase their hatching rates.
- They gather the turtle eggs to let them hatch and release the turtles as soon as they are ready to go out into the ocean.
- They also take care of wounded and sick turtles, treating them and releasing them back into the ocean.
- The rest of the evening is at leisure for individual activities.
- Overnight in Bentota.
Bentota - Nuwara Eliya (215 km / approx. 6 hours) -
- After a heavy breakfast, proceed to Nuwara Eliya, the coolest area in tropical Sri Lanka.
- Situated at around 2000 m above sea level and surrounded by lush tea plantations, Nuwara Eliya is the main hill resort of Sri Lanka and the heart of the tea industry.
- Once a pleasure retreat of the European planters, the town is still very much an English town with many English style bungalows and buildings.
- En route, take a tour of a tea plantation and a tea factory, where the best tea in the world is produced or just step into a tea factory processing the prestigious brand of Ceylon Tea, to observe a rich tradition kept alive till date.
- Then, continue to the hotel and check-in.
- Post lunch; proceed on a city tour of Nuwara Eliya visiting the famous Nuwara Eliya Golf Course, Victoria Park, Gregory's Lake, and the Seetha Amman Temple.
- Nuwara Eliya Golf Club is one of the oldest golf clubs in Asia. It was set up in 1889, to cater to the needs of British tea plantation owners as well as servicemen and officials.
- The course has 18 holes and is located at an altitude of 1,830 metres. It has a colonial-style clubhouse, with log fires for chilly evenings, English food, wood-lined bar and a billiards room.
- You can also try your hand at golf (on direct payment basis). Golf clubs and shoes are also available for hire.
- Victoria Park is spread over 27 acres of manicured lawns, flower beds and trees. It was named after Queen Victoria of Britain to commemorate the diamond jubilee of her reign in 1887.
- Gregory Lake is one of the main attractions of Nuwara Eliya and is named after Sir William Gregory, who was the governor of Sri Lanka in the late 19th century.
- The man-made lake was built in 1873 and covers 30 hectares. During British times, it was used for water sports and other recreational activities like fishing.
- There was also a hydro power station. You can hire a paddle boat (on direct payment basis) to take a leisurely cruise on the water.
- Seetha Amman Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Sita, wife of Lord Rama. It is believed to be the only temple dedicated to Sita in the world. According to the legend, Sita is believed to have been held captive here by the demon king Ravana and where she prayed daily forRamato come and rescue her in the Hindu epic,Ramayana.
- Overnight in Nuwara Eliya.
Nuwara Eliya - Kandy ( 85 km / approx. 3 hours drive) -
- After breakfast, drive to Kandy.
- On arrival, check in to the hotel.
- In the afternoon, visit Kandy Lake, an artificial lake in the heart of the city of Kandy, Kandy town and bazaar famous for an exciting shopping experience with souvenirs ranging from precious stones to handmade laces stone and wooden carvings.
- Later, visit the famous Temple of Tooth Relic, one of the most sacred places of worship for the Buddhist. It was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1988.
- Then, enjoy your late evening by stepping to the beat of traditional music and drumming amplified by a cultural show enhancing the rich and vibrant culture of Sri Lanka.
- Overnight in Kandy.
Kandy - Colombo ( 135 km / approx. 4 hours drive) -
- Today, proceed for a scenic drive to Colombo.
- En route, visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage takes care of young elephants that have lost their mothers, many of them due to conflict with humans. It was established by the Sri Lankan Department of Wildlife in 1975, and is open to the public.
- Visitors can get to acquaint themselves with the pachyderms, especially the calves, which are rather endearing. A favourite activity is bathing, which the elephants enjoy hugely. If you get lucky, you might even be allowed to bottle feed the baby elephants - an unforgettable experience.
- The orphanage also has a captive breeding programme, and has produced large numbers of elephants. If you want closer contact with the animals, there are volunteering opportunities, giving you a chance to bathe them and play with them.
- Then, continue your drive to Colombo, On arrival, proceed on a city tour visiting the world's leading tea auctions, an 18 hole golf course, international cricket tournaments and plush casinos.
- Later, transfer to your hotel and check-in.
- The rest of the evening is at leisure for independent activities
Depart Colombo -
- Today, bid farewell to your 'Getaway Goddess - Sri Lanka' tour, as you are transferred from hotel to the airport in Colombo for your onward journey.
15 Meals (5 Breakfasts + 5 Lunches + 5 Dinners)
- Accommodation: 2 Nights in Bentota + 1 Night in Nuwara Eliya + 1 Night in Kandy + 1 Night in Colombo
- Transfers: ex-Colombo by AC coach
- Sightseeing: AC coach
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Other Inclusions -
- Travel insurance.
- Transfers / Sightseeing - by an air-conditioned coach on Seat in coach basis as per the itinerary. Vehicle will be provided point to point and not at disposal. Vehicle will be provided depending on the count of pax traveling together and availability of vehicle.
- Head massage (5 minutes) at Matale spice garden using authentic Sri Lankan oils.
- Tea plucking experience at Nuwara Eliya wearing a saree.
- One souvenir or gift.
- Entrance fees of Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Cultural Show, Temple Tooth Relic, Mangrove boat ride and Turtle Hatchery.
- Services of a local guide.
- Visa charges.
- All currently applicable taxes i.e. Hotel tax and Transportation tax.
Departure Dates -
- 10th March'19
- 7th April'19