Experience the most adventurous trek of the Season.The Mighty Mount Everest is inviting yet cunning, a trek to the Base Camp along the Rivers & Glaciers is Thrilling and Unique.
Sold By Trip 360 281 Packages Sold
Khatmandu - Phakding - Namche Bazaar - Tengboche - Dingboche - Lobuche - Gorakshep - Pheriche - Namche Bazaar - Lukla - Khatmandu Last Viewed 13 mins ago
Khatmandu-Phakding | Economy Flight
Transfers from Khatmandu - Included
Transfers from Phakding - Included
Transfers from Namche Bazaar - Included
Transfers from Tengboche - Included
Transfers from Dingboche - Included
Transfers from Lobuche - Included
Transfers from Gorakshep - Included
Transfers from Pheriche - Included
Transfers from Namche Bazaar - Included
Transfers from Lukla - Included
Transfers from Khatmandu - Included
36 Meals (14 Breakfast + 11 Lunch + 11 Dinner)
Arrive in Kathmandu (1375m)-
- Today we will arrive in the Ancient Mountain Kingdom of Nepal's most vibrant of cities - Kathmandu where we will be transferred to our hotel.
- Upon arrival, those who may need to still purchase or rent clothing/equipment, arrangements will be made for us to do so.
- Our tour leader or a representative will be around to offer advice about clothing/equipment should we have any questions.
- In the evening the whole group will come together along with the Tour Leader, going through our program for the next couple of weeks along with checking out our equipment to make sure we are properly prepared for the climatic changes ahead of us.
Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding (2,652m)-
- This morning we transfer to the domestic airport for our flight to Lukla, the starting point for all treks into the Everest Region - the so-called Gateway to Everest!
- It is a 40 min awe-inspiring flight from the valley of Kathmandu all the way to the foothills of the Himalaya's (please be aware that this flight is subject to strict weather conditions and therefore at times may be delayed or canceled);
- On arrival in Lukla we will meet our Sherpa crew of guides who will be looking after us and all our gear along with their trusted Djokbe's.
- Once all preparations have been completed we will begin our first trek, out of Lukla. From Lukla we will descend on a wide trail northwest to the village of Choblung in the Dudh Kosi Valley. We will be treated to beautiful views and smells of pine forest and rhododendrons.
- This sections walking is fairly easy, meandering along the course of the river, through the village of Ghat all the way to the small village of Phakding which is our destination for tonight.
Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3,440m)-
- This trek also takes us through beautiful pine forest, along the Dudh Kusi river and across many suspension bridges, the most famous of which being The Hillary Suspension Bridge!
- From today we can start seeing, learning and guessing at the many peaks that will start to present themselves to us! All weather permitting of course!!
- Our first view might be Mt Thamserku standing proudly at 6618m.
- We then trek through Sherpa settlements known as Benkar, Chumoa, Monjo and then onto our Checkpoint at the Sagarmatha National Park where we register ourselves for our trek.
- From here we will soon slowly begin to climb up through forests and across bridges until we reach the confluence of the Dudh Kosi and Bhote Kosi rivers.
- Then begins our first steep climb for about an hour (slowly, slowly!) which brings us a great reward at the end - our (hopefully) first views of Mount Everest peering over the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge.
- We will take a well-earned rest to enjoy the view before continuing on our last hour to the trading town of Namche Bazaar and our home for the next 2 nights
Namche Bazaar (3440m)-
- Altitude, when it strikes, usually begins from 3000m and above so today we take the opportunity to allow our bodies to acclimatize to the altitude by sleeping two nights in Namche Bazaar but of course not too much resting!!
- We have to keep moving! We will take a short hike in the morning to the Sherpa Museum and Visitor's center, strike some poses and take some selfies at another Everest viewpoint and then in the afternoon take a hike up the valley towards the village of Thamo which is approximately a 4 hours round trip.
- Alternatively, we can opt to take this as a rest day but be warned.
- Our OEL will do everything to encourage you out on the hike as it'll help you acclimatize.
Namche Bazaar - Tengboche (3870m)-
- Today we ascend from Namche Bazaar, following a high, fairly level path above the Dudh Kosi river, enjoying the spectacular mountain views of Everest, Nuptse, and Lhotse as we hike along our trail.
- Then after some time and meandering, our path begins to descend through a forest of blue pine to cross the Dudh Kosi again at Phunki (3250), following which we will begin our ascent on a switchback trail all the way up to reach the spectacularly sited Thyangboche Monastery (3867m) from where there are (hopefully) brilliant views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and Taboche.
- This ascending and descending will work wonders on our acclimatization plus our appetites!
- Helping us to enjoy our hearty dinner at the teahouse close to the Monastery in Tengboche.
Tengboche (3870m) - Dingboche(4410m)-
- Today we start our trekking by descending through the Rhododendron forest, to the Imja Khola, where we walk across the exciting bridge at Imja Khola and along the Mani stone wall to reach the village of Pangboche.
- Our route then continues through summer pastures to Dingboche, our home for the next 2 nights
- Today is another day for us to take in our ever-changing surroundings.
- At this altitude, we will start to see changes coming in the landscape.
- Trees and vegetation will be less and less and will be replaced by the scrub with the landscape slowly beginning to take on a surreal 'moon-like' feeling to it.
- We marvel at the way people are ingeniously still carving a living out of this landscape, cultivating and shaping the landâ¦
- Our walk today takes us up through the Valley of Chukung, giving us breathtaking views of Ama Dablam, deemed one of the worlds most beautiful mountains, along with Makalu, Tawoche, Lhotse, Nuptse and Island Peak.
- Today, because we are returning back to Dingboche, we can take our time, acclimatize and take in our surroundings.
- There's never any hurry in these mountains!!
Dingboche (4410m) - Lobuche(4930m)-
- After today's walk, we really do notice the difference in the landscape as we get above the tree line.
- Walking, slowly as always, we actually first descend past Dusa to a stream at 4580m and from there we ascend slowly, slowly, up to the Teahouse at Dugla and then on to a ridge which contains the memorial site for Sherpa's who gave their lives on expeditions to the top of Everest.
- Once past this ridge we really start to see changes in the landscape because we will now be walking alongside the moraine of the Khumbu Glacier with views of Kala Pattar and Pumori to entertain us as we hike all the way to Lobuche our stopping point for tonight.
Lobuche (4930m) - Everest Base Camp (5364m) - Gorakshep (5180m)-
- We start our day again following the Khumbu Glacier northwards to Gorakshep.
- Every which way we turn the scenery is incredible; out of this world.
- Every ounce of effort is worth it when we take a look around us.
- After about 3 hours we reach Gorakshep.
- From here we take a well-earned break for a bit before the excitement just becomes too much and we set off to our Final Destination - Everest Base Camp! Again, we continue along the glacial moraine for around 2 hours before we start walking on the rocky moraine itself.
- We can see the camp long before we reach it which makes it even more enticing as we wind our way along the trails all the way to Everest Base Camp!
- From Base Camp, we get fantastic views of the Khumbu Icefall which is one of the most difficult traverses for those attempting to summit Everest.
- After the required time spent clicking selfies and group photos, patting each other the back and generally basking in glory, we will then turn around, with grins on our faces, making our way back to Gorakshep for our well-earned food and night-stop.
Gorakshep (5180m) - Kala Pattar (5545m) - Pheriche (4280m)-
- Again today, the more sublime reward for our supreme effort as we walk early in the morning to climb up Kala Pattar to reach the highest point on the trail.
- Slow is a must as we meander up the switch backs to enjoy the first light of the day shining on Mount Everest from Kala Pattar.
- This is definitely a hike of effort versus reward! Once we reach Kala Pattar we can climb and nestle ourselves amongst the rocky outcrops here.
- While sitting amongst the prayer flags on these outcrops, enjoying chai and biscuits and watching the day break on the highest point in the whole world is something to really cherish.
- Once we've had our moments, we will slowly return to Gorakshep for our well-earned breakfast before then setting off back to Lobuche for lunch and onto Pheriche for our overnight stop.
- (Please note that the walk to Everest Base Camp and the climb to Kala Pattar are both tough.
- Sometimes we may change the order in which we tackle the walks depending on the group's ability and the current weather conditions)
Pheriche (4280m) - Namche Bazaar (3440m)-
- And so begins our meander back to our start!! Exhilarated, excited, tired, overjoyed, all those emotions will help carry us back down our trail!
- Today's walk is still quite a long walk but as we meander back downhill, with increased oxygen, we find increased high levels of energy so we may even skip down some parts of today's route!!
- We retrace our steps to Pangboche, down to the Imja Khola and up through the forest to Debuche, through Tengboche, and onto Namche Bazaar, our stop for tonight.
Namche Bazaar (3440m) to Lukla (2840m)-
- We are now back to below the tree line, the scenery has changed back to beautiful pine forest and rhododendrons.
- We start crossing our suspension bridges again, climbing up the opposite side of the valley to reach the contouring path leading back along the Dudh Kosi river through the small village of Monjo and finally our last and final push onto to Lukla to complete our circle to the tip of the world and back!!
- Tiring as it may be, it will be nothing compared to the exhilaration at having completed such an amazing feat, despite the sore feet!!
Lukla - Kathmandu-
- It will seem surreal to consider all we've seen, achieved and done as we settle ourselves back into the seat for our return flight to Kathmandu, back through the mountain views, which slowly make way for the valley views, bringing us back down to Kathmandu and all its hustle and bustle.
- Once checked into the hotel, the rest of the day will be free to do as we please!
- Sip a cold beer, take a long hot shower, wander the streets of Kathmandu, buy some souvenirs, download photos.
- The rest of the day at leisure in this beautiful lakeside city.
- We purposely leave this day free in Kathmandu in case of any inclement weather in Lukla which may delay our return flight.
- If all goes to plan, then on this day we can chose to arrange along with fellow group members to visit some of the sites of Kathmandu.
- This can easily be explained and arranged by our tour leader. In the evening, we will all go out to celebrate our victory with dinner, reminiscing and reminding ourselves of our fabulous Adventure and hopefully planning for the next!
- Enjoy your morning breakfast.
- After breakfast, you will be dropped at the airport for our international flights back home.
36 Meals (14 Breakfast + 11 Lunch + 11 Dinner)
- Accommodation: 1 night in Kathmandu - 1 night in Phakding -2 nights in Namche Bazaar - 1 night in Tengboche - 2 nights in Dingboche - 1 night in Lobuche - 1 night in Gorakshep - 1 night in Pheriche - 1 night in Namche Bazaar - 1 night in Lukla - 2 nights in Kathmandu
- Transfers: Trek/ Return internal flights between Kathmandu and Lukla
- Sightseeing: Trek
- Meals: 36 Meals (14 Breakfast + 11 Lunch + 11 Dinner)
- Local Trekking guides (Sherpas).
- Experienced English speaking leader/guide.
- Return internal flights between Kathmandu and Lukla.
- Transfers as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Twin/multi sharing accommodation during the trip based on availability.
- Single accommodation only in Kathmandu, if selected.
- 14 nights accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Communication/Medical Equipment: 1 set of an oxygen mask and 1 bottle of oxygen or portable altitude chamber for emergency purpose. Medical kit.
- Evacuation Charges if required during the course of the trek in a medical/environmental emergency.
- Insurance for trek guide and porters.
- TIMS card fee.
- Everest National Park Fee.
- All meals during the trek.
- One porter for every 2 trekkers. Individual main luggage to be restricted to 10 kg.
- Our accommodation whilst on Everest Base Camp Trek is in simple locally run lodges, known as teahouses and it's a great pleasure to support these small local businesses.
- Rooms are simply furnished with just a bed and occasionally a small table.
- Please note, normal washing and toilet facilities are shared and may be in a separate part of the teahouse or outside. It's great to enjoy the company of your fellow travelers and share a tale with other trekkers in the evening in the dining area.
- If you are a solo traveler, you will share a room with someone else of same sex of your group.
- If you prefer a single room, you may indicate your preference and get single rooms on request by paying extra as indicated on cost section.
- But, you need to understand that in teahouses/lodges of higher elevation area single room is not always possible.
- We guarantee a single room in Kathmandu only. Single room is not possible at the local lodge during your trek
- Push your physical self on this trek day after day
- Watch the landscape change each day from Pine forests to "moon-scape"
- Get a close view of the world's highest peak
- Trek till EVEREST BASE CAMP!
- Make a small attempt to bring back travelers to Nepal
- Total 09 Days : Day 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
- October 2018 : 13, 19, 20
- November 2018: 10, 17
- December 2018: 1, 15
- March 2019: 23
- Single Accommodation: INR 76500
- Twin sharing accommodation: INR 73500
- These prices are applicable for 8-10 adventurers. But if you’re looking to venture off the beaten path with your own gang, we’ll be happy to craft an exclusive adventure for you!