Sri Lanka – The Underrated Wanderlust of Asia
Sri Lanka is a small box of sights, experience, shorelines, wildlife, legacy, culture and comforting grins. Travel destinations offer a variety of holiday experience. The kindness of Sri Lankans is outstanding as is their food; tropical fruits and sweets making this island a perfect formula for entertainment and leisure.
The topography and culture is sufficient to lure you in this gem of the Indian sea, anyway there are much more factors and background data you ought to consider before planning for this pleasant nation.
Here’s a summary for all the travel fundamentals you have to know stay, meal to visa data and how to travels.
(Image source:travel triangle)
Sri Lanka is one of those precious spots which are great to visit whenever of the year. Let’s dive a little deep into the climate conditions and seasonal data.
January to April – Entire Country
July to September – Entire Country
November to December – Southwestern coast
January to April – South
May to July – East
May to August – South and West Coast
October to January – North and East Coast
January to March – Warm and Sunny in the Beaches, Cooler in the Hills
April – Driest and the most sweltering month (11am to 3pm is direct sunlight)
May to June – Monsoon arrives, Humid
July to September – Odd Showers, Hot and dry shorelines
October to December – Heavy Monsoon arrives however dries down till December which is warm and bright
There are a huge number of choices to browse including lavish hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, resorts, homestays to low spending hotels and airbnbs. It is encouraged to hold a spot well ahead of time as amid the pinnacle season the appointments can get heavy. You will be spoilt for options; some of the best options include –
Taylors Hill, Kandy – This is an old British planter’s home in the highlands of Kandy giving an astonishing perspective of the fields. There are pools, numerous games courts, kids room, sports rooms, and the hotel likewise gives tuk-tuk rides to the tea estates. The rooms are enormous and vast and this colonial period house gives you a modern yet classical feel.
Taru Villas, Tangalle – The hotel is found extremely near Sandy beach, one of the excellent shorelines on the southern coast. It’s additionally near to Yala National Park, an unquestionable requirement to go if in case that you are a wildlife lover. The hotel offers pools, bars, lounges, libraries, personalization regarding dining and so forth.
Some more accommodations incorporate Cape Weligama, Tri, Kandy House, Rock wella, Amanwella and so on.
There is no strict clothing standard of what to wear or what not to wear in Sri Lanka; but, it is prudent to wear cotton because of the hot climate.
- local people may object to your beachwear so it is proposed to wear something that isn’t too short.
- Carry light woollens for the slopes and an umbrella or overcoat is in every case great to keep.
- Comfortable footwear is an unquestionable requirement because of the varied terrain and similarly suitable equipment to be conveyed if in case that you are planning to dive or snorkel.
Sri Lanka has a huge and rich culture and legacy which has been in presence from a large number of years. Sri Lankan culture is copied through its history, festivities, models and architecture, cuisines and so forth. The living style and history has been affected by Indian and European history and legacy.
Sinhala and Tamil New year (April) is one of the most stupendous festival pursued by Ramadan (End May – June) by the Muslims, Esala Perahera by the Buddhists (End July – August) and Maha Shivratri (February) by the Hindus.
Sri Lankan food is mouth watering and a standout amongst the best highlights of its lifestyle. The food has some Indian effect on it yet at the same time figures out how to be extraordinary and exotic in its own particular manner. An assortment of flavors, organic products, fruits, sea foods, meats, veggies make up the cuisine.
Must Try Dishes – Fish curry and mixed rice, Chilli fish fry, Vegetable Kottu, Sri Lankan Dhal
Prevalent eateries/food spots you shouldn’t miss!
- Ministry of Crab – Lip smacking seafood, as the name proposes, crab dishes are slobber worthy!
- The Sizzle – Hot skillet Steaks and Fast food!
- The Lagoon – Luxury feasting, Thai Fish curry and Prawns are an unquestionable try!
- Upali’s – Veggie joy and best hoppers around the town, rice and curry is tasty and takes out services accessible!
- Gallery Cafe – Authentic Sri Lankan food!
Sri Lanka is a significant crowded nation and the streets can regularly be blocked with traffic. However, everything is all around associated by a numerous means of transport.
- Charter flights can be organized to any destination in Sri Lanka through Deccan Aviation Lanka.
- The trains are an adventure in itself and are regularly prescribed to visitors as the tracks covers lovely landscape alongside them. The trains cover major gap from Colombo. New quick services work on the chief courses, including an intercity express administration among Colombo and Kandy, generally travels are genuinely leisure.
- The on street transportation given you a choice of cabs (drivers normally expect a 10% tip here), buses which are decently a typical way to travel here. Coastal town buses leave at each 30 minutes while to Kandy at regular 15 minutes intervals. There are additionally tuk tuks for small distances which charges a normal fare.
How to Reach
Being an island country, Sri Lanka is reachable through Air.
- The worldwide portal for non-stop flights is Colombo International Airport. Non-stop flights are accessible from Asia, Europe, Australia and Middle East.
- India – For Indians venturing out to Sri Lanka or anybody coming through India, a few flights fly from Chennai, Trichy, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram.
As observed with numerous Asian nations, Sri Lanka too offers a visitor visa upon entry valid for 30 days. So as to broaden your stay, one needs to visit the diplomatic missions of Sri Lanka in your home or current nation.
Sri Lanka will have a great deal to offer, knowing a couple of details beforehand just make the trip easier. This is a budget-friendly destination and it might be small however it packs a ground-breaking punch!