My Short Trip To Jaipur: Jaipur, as we all know, is one of the beautiful heritage sites of our country popularly known as the Pink City. No matter how much you hear, you get to feel the real vibes only when you see the vibrant city with pink hues everywhere covered in colorful shops and buildings, breathtaking cultural insights and an array of dream heritage sites at every turn. Excited for a trip to Jaipur? Click here to see the awesome trip collections!
My today’s blog is about the recent short trip I had to Jaipur which left me speechless with an amazing royal feeling at every second of my trip. Let the weekend roll! Explore it here and how!
Day 1: I started from Delhi on Saturday morning around 6.30 a.m. by Ajmer Shatabdi Express and reached Jaipur by 10.30 a.m. covering a duration of 3 hours 57 minutes. The journey was a bit tiring but I was relaxed breathing the fresh air in Jaipur Junction and got boosted up with energy thinking about my trip.
I had my accommodation booked through an online portal. After a few hours of relaxation and lunch, I got ready for my trip. Look for your dream Jaipur Trip here.
- Shopping at Johari Bazar: I started my first day with the famous Johari Bazaar in Jaipur. It’s a one-stop shopping destination with exotic collections of Rajasthani arti-crafts, jewelry, dress materials and what not. I felt amazing entering the market as most of the shops were Pink in color justifying the Pink city Jaipur. The market has unlimited collections of textiles, Kundan Jewelleries, juttis, sarees, and lehengas. In short, it is no less than a paradise for all the shopaholics. Click here to see 15+ awesome Rajasthan Holiday packages!
Shopping at Johari Bazar
- Local Sightseeing:-
- A) Amer Fort: After spending some quality time at Johari Bazar I started my sightseeing tour with Amer Fort. It is a magnificent structure built in red sandstone and marble. The fort is popularly known as “Amber palace” and holds a breathtaking view with the Sheesh Mahal, Jai Mandir, Sukh Niwas, Diwan-I-Khas, and Diwan-I-Aam. The architecture was beautiful with the breathtaking surroundings. Feel what she felt with these amazing offbeat destinations!
- B) Jal Mahal: I heard before that Jal Mahal looks stunning during the evening time. So I grabbed the opportunity and reached there at around 6 p.m. The beautiful palace floats in the middle of Man Sagar Lake. It is a five-storeyed structure with its four storeys submerged under water. The palace is made of pink sandstone following Rajput symmetrical style architecture. It was a mesmerizing sight with the light color of the palace sharply contrasting the deep blue lake waters. If you also like to travel through her imagination, then go ahead and explore the offbeat trips here!
I ended my first day of the tour with the visit of Jal Mahal and enjoyed delicious Dal batti followed by authentic Rajasthani Dinner in the nearby restaurants. Click here to discuss the upcoming Weekend Trips nearby Delhi.
Day 2: I continued my local sightseeing journey on the second day with the Hawa Mahal, Nahargarh and Jaigarh Fort. I started in the morning after having my breakfast around 11 a.m.
- C) Hawa Mahal: My first destination for the second day was Hawa Mahal. The entire structure is definitely a treat to the eyes with a high screen wall constructed in red and pink sandstone. The building has a five-storeyed structure dedicated to the Rajput royal women to view the city life and different festivals organized during the Rajput era. The entire structure has beautifully decorated 953 jharokas built in perfect pattern enabling the wind to circulate throughout the palace in hot summers. It was so engaging that I felt like a royal princess twirling around the palace. If her journey does make you jealous, explore it your way with these amazing offbeat trips.
- D) Nahargarh Fort: This is my second amazing destination for the day along the Aravalli hills. The Fort in this area was believed to be named after the spirit of Nahar Singh Rathore. History says the construction of the Fort remained unsuccessful as every day the workers find the previous day works destroyed. This made raja Jai Sigh to declare the place as haunted and they constructed a shrine in the Fort to reside the spirit of Nahar Singh hence named it as Nahargarh fort. Being a thrill lover, I loved the haunting mystery associated with the place and enjoyed the location with some delicious snacks in the restaurant located at the top of the Fort with an excellent view of the surrounding. Look for your dream Jaipur Trip here.
- E) Jaigarh Fort: I ended my second-day tour with Jaigarh Fort situated on the Hills of eagles. The fort is a majestic beauty with panoramic views. History says the fort was considered to be the storehouse of cannons, arms and ammunition and war amours. I really enjoyed the windows of the fort made of lattices giving a full view of the exterior but strangely you can’t observe anything from outside. There’s nothing better than traveling! Check here the weekend trip guide!
Day 3: So that’s how I explored my 2nd day covering the exciting destinations of Jaipur. It was finally time for me to pack my bags and return to Delhi after an amazing short trip. So I checked out from my hotel on Monday morning and left Jaipur. Up till now, I can say this was one of the most exciting and memorable short trips of my life till date. Wanna experience some hippie vibes at Kasol? Click here to see amazing Kasol Trip Packages!
Article & All Images contributed by: Arpita Agnihotri