India is a diverse land when it comes to places to see and things to do for tourists. From beaches to hill stations to spiritual places and more, there is something for everyone here. The country has fascinating rural areas to explore as well as vibrant and exciting urban places that offer entertainment and plenty of attractions. Whether you are planning a family vacation or on a lone trip, you will find that India is one of the most amazing places in the world to visit.
Here is a look at some of the best places to visit in India:
- Shimla: This scenic hill station needs no introduction – Shimla is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Known as the Queen of the Hills, it offers snow-clad mountains, breathtaking lakes and stunning greenery all around. There are many places you should visit when you are in Shimla – Kufri, Green Valley, Chadwick Falls, Scandal Point, and Shoghi, to name a few. Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday or an adrenaline-packed adventure trip, Shimla is the perfect place to go. Look for your dream Shimla Holiday here.
- Manali: Nestled amidst snow-capped mountains, Manali is a famous resort town in the heart of Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the best places to visit in India as it offers everything from the peace and tranquility of nature to thrilling adventure sports. If you are planning a trip to Manali, the best time of the year is from October to February. While you are here, you should make it a point to visit Bhrigu Lake, Great Himalayan National Park, Solang Valley, Jogini Falls, and Rohtang Pass. Click here for the best Manali Holiday here.
- Kerela: How could you not visit God’s Own Country while you are in India? Kerela is one of the most beautiful places in the country, attracting thousands of visitors every year. Known for its coconut fringed beaches, pristine backwaters, colorful festivals and rejuvenating Ayurvedic massages, Kerela is also home to a number of wildlife sanctuaries and hill stations. Visit the sprawling tea gardens of Munnar, spend a night or two in the houseboats of Alleppey’s backwaters or go on an elephant ride at the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Look for your dream Kerala Tour here.
- Kashmir: Nicknamed Heaven on Earth, Kashmir is one of the best places to visit in India. This is where you can see the snow-covered peaks of the Himalayan and Pir-Panjal ranges, verdant meadows surrounded by thick pine and deodar forests and bright fruit orchards. During your stay on Kashmir Trip, you should also make sure to go on an enthralling Shikara boat ride on the Dal Lake. Kashmir has countless attractions for you to enjoy, ensuring an unforgettable holiday. Click here to check 30+ Kashmir Tour itineraries, & see the one suits you.
- Sikkim: If you are looking for a holiday destination with awe-inspiring natural vistas, there is no place in India like Sikkim. Dotted with lovely lakes, quaint villages and vibrant Buddhist monasteries, this is the perfect destination for a laid-back, tranquil holiday. But Sikkim is also an awesome place to go for adrenaline junkies like white-water rafters, trekkers, rock climbers and mountaineers. Experience the rich and colorful history and culture on your Sikkim Tour, and do not forget to get a taste of its delicious local cuisine! Your search for the best Sikkim holiday packages ends here.
- Goa: This is without a doubt one of the most famous places in India, attracting thousands of visitors every year to its sandy beaches and awesome music festivals. Goa is the place to go if you want to relax on the beach or enjoy water sports. The best thing about a Goa Trip is that you can have loads of fun without spending a fortune! With its vibrant nightlife and amazing sights and attractions, this is definitely one of the best places to visit in India. After your fair share of lazing on the beach and enjoying cocktails under the sun, make sure you visit Fort Aguada, St. Xavier’s Church, Church of Mae de Deus and Dudhsagar Waterfalls, just to name a few. Click here to see 10+ awesome Goa Trip itineraries.
- Udaipur: Known as the Venice of the East, Udaipur is a beautiful, historically-rich destination that has countless attractions and activities for everyone. Exploring this city is a pleasure as you will be able to see the most amazing buildings with unique architectural styles. Although Udaipur is known for its luxury heritage hotels, budget travelers need not worry as there are many pocket-friendly places to stay too. Be sure to make time to visit City Palace, Gangaur Ghat, lake Pichola, Bagore ki Haweli, Jag Mandir on your Udaipur Trip – these are just a few of the attractions here.
- Jaisalmer: The Golden City of Rajasthan, Jaisalmer lies in the Thar Desert region. This city is one of the most interesting places in India, giving you a look into the state’s colorful culture and rich history. Apart from visiting forts, palaces, etc. you can enjoy activities like camel safaris, dune bashing and desert camping on your Jaisalmer holiday. While you are in the city, do not forget to visit Jaisalmer Fort, Folklore Museum and Bada Bagh.
- Nainital: This beautiful hill station is set around the magical Nainital Lake which is a popular place for boating with the magnificent Naina Devi Hindu Temple on its northern shore. When you visit Nainital, you should not miss taking a cable car to Snow View observation point, which will give you a bird’s eye view of the scenic vistas of the mountains and little towns and villages. You should also definitely not miss Tiffin Top, known for horse trekking and panoramic views, and Pt. G.B. pant High Altitude Zoo – these are just two of the awesome attractions in Nainital. Look for your dream Nainital Tour here.
- Ooty: The Queen of the Nilgiri Hills, Ooty is one of the most popular hill stations in southern India. This charming place is home to colorful gardens, mighty rock mountains and of course, the Nilgiri Mountain Railway. While you are in Ooty Tour, some of the best places you should definitely visit are Ooty Botanical Garden, Ooty Lake, Emerald Garden, Doddabetta Peak, Rose Garden and Kalhatti Falls. Also, do not forget to ride the toy train! Look for your dream Ooty Tour here.
As you can see, India is home to some of the most fascinating places in the world. These are just a few of the best places to visit in India. When you are here, you can always be sure of rich and vibrant cultures, exciting sights and attractions and a plethora of interesting activities to make your stay a truly memorable one.