Are you going on a trip to Leh Ladakh? If so, you will need to know what to pack for your trip. No matter where you are headed, it is important to make sure that you carry all the right things, to avoid having hassles during your stay. You need to pack smart when going on a trip to Leh Ladakh, as you might find that even the necessities like moisturiser, toothpaste, etc. are difficult to find. If you have opted for Ladakh tour packages, you have an idea of the activities you will be engaging in, thus, making it easier for you to know what to pack. Ready for an adventure at Ladakh? Call: 011-49058399 or, Click to get a Callback.
Essentials to Carry on your Trip to Leh Ladakh
Here is a look at the things you should make sure to pack for your trip to Leh Ladakh:
- Documents: Before anything else, you should make sure that you pack all important documents you need for your trip. Keep a printout of your itinerary, hotel reservation slips and flight tickets as well as a photocopy of your ID proof, such as your driver’s license, Election Card or Pan Card. Make sure that you have multiple copies of your Inner Line Permit as well as a few passport size photographs. Excited? Click here to register for the limited edition cheapest Ladakh trip with flight.
- Clothes: One of the most important things to do when travelling to Leh Ladakh is to pack light. Carry comfortable jeans, t-shirts and lowers so that you have the basics you can mix and match. You should also pack warm inners as the temperature in this region fluctuates a lot. Warm sweaters and two heavy jackets are necessary for those who are opting for outdoors activities like trekking, skiing, paragliding, etc. Gloves, mufflers, and caps – for both day and night – are also a must when you are travelling to Leh Ladakh.
- Shoes: Consider the things you will be doing during your stay in Leh Ladakh and pack the appropriate shoes. If you are planning to go trekking, it is a good idea to carry a good pair of hiking boots. You should also pack a pair of warm boots and a few pairs of comfortable flat shoes. It is also a good idea to carry a pair of good sneakers or sports shoes – as you never know when you might need them. Click here to choose your preferred Ladakh Holiday Package from the largest curated collection.
- Toiletries: Sometimes, even the fanciest hotels do not provide the basic toiletries. Most people leave these essentials at home, thinking that they will get them in the hotel. However, you should make sure that you pack toiletries – even the most basic ones like toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo and conditioner, soap or body wash, and do not forget lip balm to protect your lips in harsh conditions. Keep in mind that stores can be rare in places like Leh Ladakh so be prepared by carrying your supplies. Click here to check 40+ Ladakh Trip itineraries, & see the one suits you.
- First Aid Kit: You should make sure to pack a basic first aid kit and medicines. Your kit should have basics like disinfectant liquid, bandages, gauze, cotton wool, antiseptic ointment, anti-allergy eye drops, as well as medicines for the common cold, flu, and fever. When you travel to places like Leh Ladakh, you might come down with altitude mountain sickness (AMS), so make sure that you also have medicines like Diamox, Aspirin, and Disprin.
- Bottled Water: Clean, safe drinking water can be hard to find in Leh Ladakh. This makes carrying bottled water very important. Dehydration is common at high altitudes, so you will need to have drinking water with you at all times. As mentioned already, it can be hard to find shops here, which means that you may not find bottled water when you need it. Therefore, carrying your supply is a good idea. Additionally, pack some water-purification tablets to be prepared in case you find yourself without bottled water. Click here to check 40+ Ladakh Trip itineraries, & see the one suits you.
- Sunscreen and Moisturizer: As you know, you need to carry basic toiletries when travelling to Leh Ladakh. This includes sunscreen and moisturiser. Keep in mind that the weather conditions in this beautiful place can be extremely harsh and cause damage to your skin. You need to make sure that you protect your skin from the unpredictable elements in Leh Ladakh. The cold can burn your skin just as easily as the sun – therefore, you should make sure to carry a bottle or two of a rich moisturising lotion with you.
- Cash: Like shops and stores, ATMs are quite hard to come by in Leh Ladakh. You will find one in Leh, but the chances are that after you pass the town, you will not find another one for a while. Even if you find one, it might not work, or there might be no cash in the machine. To make sure that you are well prepared, it is a good idea to carry enough cash with you to last until you find another ATM. Can’t wait for an adventure at Ladakh? Call: 011-49058399 or, Click to get a Callback.
- Electronics: Needless to say, you should carry chargers for all your electronic devices. If you are carrying a camera, do not forget to have a spare battery, especially if you plan to take loads of pictures. If you plan to use your phone camera a lot, you should make sure to carry a power bank. Last but not least, it is a good idea to bring extra memory cards, especially if you are into photography and planning to click photos at every turn.
When you are travelling to Leh Ladakh, it is important to find out as much as you can about the region and pack accordingly. It is not the same as packing for a tropical place. Weather conditions can be unpredictable, and the remote location can make it difficult to find even the most basic items. When you are packing for your trip, you need to keep these things in mind to make sure that you carry everything you need for a comfortable, hassle-free holiday. Pack smart, and you can be sure to enjoy every day of your stay in Leh Ladakh.