Manali is one of the most popular tourist destinations, and it is easy to see why. Snowcapped mountains, roaring rivers and picturesque views everywhere you look, it is the perfect place to go when you want to escape the crowds and pollution of the big city. Manali is also the best destination for adventure lovers as it offers exciting sports like paragliding, skiing, zorbing, trekking and white water rafting, to name a few. You can take advantage of a great Manali trip package to get a superb deal for your holiday and have an unforgettable time in Manali.
9 Things to Carry for Your Manali Trip
Before you go to Manali, there are several things you need to make sure to carry, including the following:
- Confirmation voucher and itinerary: If you have booked a Manali trip package online, get a printout of the confirmation voucher. This is important for all travellers. You will need it when you check in to your hotel and for car driver information. Make sure that you carry a printout of the itinerary as well because your tour will begin as per the itinerary. Keep in mind that these are important documents that you will need on your trip to Manali so do not forget to carry them.
- Appropriate clothing: You need to carry clothes that are appropriate for the time of year you are visiting Manali. If you are going Manali during the summer months, you should carry sweatshirts, full-sleeved t-shirts, etc. If it is during winter, you should make sure to pack warm, woollen The weather in the hills can be unpredictable, so carrying a wind-cheater is a good idea no matter what time of the year it is.
- Rubber-soled boots: The terrain in hilly areas like Manali is different, so you need to make sure that you have comfortable footwear. With the right shoes, you can tour the different parts of the town without your feet killing you. For such places, it is best to carry rubber-soled boots. They do not only keep your feet warm and comfortable, but also make sure that you are safe when walking in rough terrain or if you go on a trek.
- ID proofs: No matter where you are travelling, it is important to make sure that you carry government-issued ID proofs. You may be asked to provide these documents before you check in to a hotel or resort. You should also make sure to carry your ID when you go on tours exploring Manali. It is a good idea to keep a soft copy of your documents on your smartphone, tablet or another device in case of an emergency.
- List of emergency numbers: It is important to keep a list of the emergency numbers in Manali, or any other place you travel to. Make sure that you save the details of your hotel on your smartphone, tab, etc. and share it with the people you are traveling with. Save the numbers of the police, ambulance, district control room, and tourism information number. These numbers can be of immense help in case of an emergency.
- Dark polarised sunglasses: With snow and ice everywhere, it is important to carry gear that helps you in such conditions. One of these is dark polarised sunglasses with retainers. They protect your eyes and help in making sure that you can see everything clearly when you are in areas that are covered with white snow. The sun in these areas are also harsher so having the appropriate sunglasses can help you protect your eyes from the sun’s rays.
- Food, bottled water and medicines: When travelling to a new place, food is one of the most important things to carry. It is best to avoid eating at roadside stalls. Additionally, you should carry bottled water as the water in stalls, and small restaurants may not be hygienic. The weather in hilly areas like Manali can be unpredictable, making you more susceptible to a cough and cold. Therefore, it is important to carry medications prescribed by your doctor. This way, you ensure that no one falls sick during your holiday.
- Camera: You will be visiting one of the most scenic places in India so you will definitely want to take as many photographs as you can. This means that carrying a camera is a must when travelling to Manali. Apart from the camera, you should make sure that you carry extra batteries, and do not forget the charger if it is a digital camera! You might have a great opportunity to take beautiful pictures only to realise that you do not have the energy or run out of film or memory on your SD card.
- Sunscreen and moisturising lotion: The climate in Manali is different to what you are used to, and it is likely to affect your skin. This is why it is important to make sure that you carry sunscreen to protect your skin from the harsh rays of the sun. You also need to carry moisturising lotion as the weather conditions in this part of India may dehydrate your skin, making it dry, dull and lifeless. Make sure that you protect your skin when you travel to Manali by carrying sunscreen and a moisturiser.
When you are travelling to a new place, it is important to carry the right stuff. From documents to clothing to skin care products, you need to make sure that you have everything you need to avoid problems once you get there and to enjoy every minute of your stay there. When you book a Manali trip package, your trip will be well scheduled, ensuring that you visit all of the attractions that it is known for. However, if you forget to carry an important item, it can ruin your holiday. So before you take off on your trip, make sure you list out everything you need to carry and pack them in your bag or suitcase, and get ready for a superb trip!