“The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?” -J.B.Priestley
On 13th December & Manali gets season’s first snowfall. So, now you can surely make out the reason to consider December – January the romantic & happiest months of the year: there’s Christmas & New Year, and then there’s Snow.
This year too, mother-earth kept its promise and graced the panoramic Himachal with heavy snowfall.
While the snowfall is going to continue and keep exciting the love-birds’, the social media is floated with some splendid images of snowfall that you’ll find hard to miss. It’ll simply take you for a virtual tour of the snow covered mountains. To fuel your travel instinct & the wanderlust in you, we have curated the best photographs of snowfall in Himachal that are doing rounds on Instagram. Also click here to see 100+ Himachal Trip itineraries.
1. “The first snow is like the first love. Do you remember your first snow?” -Lara Biyuts.
2. Solang Valley: The Place Where Life Meets Heaven.
3. “For a minute there, I lost myself. #Dharamsala #Himachal
4. “Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood.” -Andy Goldsworthy #SolangValley #Himachal
5. “A snowflake is one of God’s most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together!” After a SnowStorm in #Shimla #Himachal
6. “A snow day literally and figuratively falls from the sky—unbidden—and seems like a thing of wonder.” -Susan Orlean #SolangValley #Himachal
7. “And when you come back home, the home may still be the same. And yes you may go back to the same old life, but something in you will be changed. And trust me, that changes everything.” #Tosh #ParvatiValley #Himachal
8. Salute to those HRTC Drivers & Staffs who work 24×7 in all odd situations to bring smile & excitement to your face. #sleeplessNights #ThanksGiving #HRTC
9. “The snow began to fall again, drifting against the windows, politely begging entrance and then falling with disappointment to the ground.” -Jamie McGuire #Shimla #Himachal
10. “The snow did not even whisper its way to earth, but seemed to salt the night with silence.” -Dean Koontz #ToyTrain #Shimla #Himachal
11. “Homosapiens are so colourful that they love to pave on white paths.” #MallRoad #Manali #Himachal
12. “There’s just something beautiful about walking in snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.” -Carol Rifka Brunt #Manali #Himachal
13. “Thank goodness for the first snow. It was a reminder – no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.” -Candace Bushnell #Gulmarg #Snowfall
And of course, we couldn’t stop saying, “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!” #Manali #Himachal #Instagood #Travelgram #IncredibleDestinations
Being here till now we bet you’ll not be able to resist yourself! Still, if you think we are wrong, prove us that you have not discussed it with your partner or friends.
Excited to see some of the Himachal Trip itineraries? Click here to have a look at a few.
Looking for other weekend trips? Click here to see the wide range of wanderlust destinations trips on Tripshelf. Share the following link: http://bit.ly/Weekendtrips2