Explore the village set amidst the majestic towering Panchachuli peaks, interact with the place and the people, with nature and culture.
Sold By Rural Odyssey 221 Packages Sold
Kumaon Last Viewed 30 mins ago
Any City-Kumaon | Shuttle Bus
Kumaon-Any City | Shuttle Bus
Transfers from Kumaon - Included
Breakfast + lunch / dinner
Pahadi Homestays - Make most of your getaway while living in hidden homestays amidst of mountians
Majestic Panchachuli Peaks - Witness majestic five snow-capped Himalayan peaks lying at the end of the eastern Kumaon.
Farm Walk - Take a quite walk into the woods.
Bird trek - Walking along paths surrounded by forests, you hear a slight rustling of leaves and observe multiple breeds of birds.
Starting at (as per hotel selection)
INR 19000 per person
Set Price Alert
We will alert you when the price drops.
6 Packages left!
Arrival at Haldwani/Kathgodam- Transfer to Kumaon Village-
- After an overnight journey from Delhi, reach Haldwani/Kathgodam the next morning.
- On arrival, start the journey to our host village in a Traveler van.
- The journey enchants you with a picturesque view of old mountain towns of Nainital, Almora, Seraghat, Berinag and Thal, and Kalamuni Pass (~9000 feet above sea level).
- We will finally descend into the Gori valley and reach the village by early evening.
- It’s a beautiful drive as you drive past the Kosi River near Almora, Sarayu at Seraghat, and Ramganga at Thal, and finally, enter the Gori Gangawatershed.
- We will make stops on the way for refreshments and meals (breakfast and lunch) at nice food joints, with breathtaking views all over the place.
- We will be welcomed by our hospitable hosts and splendid Panchchuli peaks.
- All the rooms are comfortable and quiet with a view of majestic Panchchuli peaks.
- We will end the day with a freshly prepared organic dinner with our hosts or in private as per your wish.
Exploring the Kumaoni Mountain Village-
- We will start the day with introductions, introducing ourselves to each other and the village folks, discussing briefly the Gori valley and the life there.
- We will walk around the village understanding the region’s seasonal farming practices and interacting with the village communities.
- The guided tour through the village will tune us to the seasonal agricultural practices.
- Post lunch, we will visit Tribal Museum.
- A half-day visit to this museum will give you a glimpse of the old Bhotiya culture which once flourished in the region.
- In the evening, there’s an optional visit to Munsiari Bazaar, Nanda Devi Mandir, and Danadhar.
- The Bazaar is set between three villages and is a one-road Bazaar.
- Seek the blessings of the local goddess in the temple and get a bird’s eye view of the Gori valley from the vantage point of Danadhar.
Forest and Conservation-
- Today, we start the day with a guided tour of the village and get to understand the Village Community more closely.
- As we walk around, we will visit few homes of various social and caste groups, understand the cultural and architectural aspects,
- We will also witness the traditional weaving on looms with wool (maybe try it as well)
- Learn about the civic amenities such as water sources and innovations in the use of solar power.
- We will visit Maati Sangathan, a collective that runs across 50 nearby villages, where you’ll get to interact with the village women to know about the functioning of this enterprise.
- You can also shop locally produced handicrafts including finely woven pashminas and other woolen wear, furnishings, and locally grown organic food products.
- Post lunch, we will have a small get together with the village communities.
- You’ll get a chance not only to get familiar with the local folk music and dance forms, but also experience them.
Bird Trek/ Natural History Walk-
- We will spend the day leisurely with nature, walking on the stone pathway with a stream running along to the Mesar Kund (a pond nestled in an old Oak forest).
- On the way, just before the ancient Mesar Kund, the village community (with their bare hands and efforts) has built another pond, also known as the Mesar Kund (the new one) to keep the water stream running through the village throughout the year.
- We will continue the walk to Budgair Dhar above Mesar Kund and those fit enough can walk up to the Bugyals (meadows) of Lalsingair at around 10,000 feet.
- You can easily notice the richness of Flora and Fauna in the valley, comprising of over 326 recorded bird species, 36 mammals, and 2,200 flowering plant species.
- Today after the breakfast, we will say goodbye to the village and our wonderful hosts, and trace our steps back toward Haldwani/Kathgodam.
- We will reach Haldwani/Kathgodam around 8 pm.
- Then board the Uttarakhand Roadways Volvo bus or train to Delhi.
Breakfast + lunch / dinner
Departure Dates -
- 12 - 18 June, 2018
- 27 September - 3 October, 2018
- 16 - 22 October, 2018
- 23 - 29 November, 2018
- 21 - 27 December, 2018
- 28 Dcember, 2018 - 3 January, 2019
- Accommodation: 4 nights in Kumaoni Village in a homestay on twin sharing basis
- Transportation: AC Coach from Delhi to Delhi.
- Transfers: Traveler Van
- Sightseeing: Traveler Van
- Meals: All meals(breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in the village. Only vegetarian.
Other Inclusions -
- Accommodation in simple and comfortable homestays on a twin-sharing basis. If someone is in a group of 3, all the three can be accommodated in the same homestay, but this must be conveyed to us while booking. Couples will be accommodated in the same homestay.
- Expenses of guides during our stay in the village.
Additional Information -
Each family will serve two freshly cooked vegetarian meals (breakfast and dinner); along with a packed lunch so you can be free to follow your own rhythm through the day.
The group size will be limited to a maximum of 14 people: 12 participants + 2 facilitators and a minimum of 7 people: 6 participants + 1 facilitator.
Don’t forget to pack good warm clothes with you. It’ll be mostly sunny during the day if it does not rain or snow, but the weather will be cold in the evening and the night.
- Pahadi Homestays
- Majestic Panchachuli Peaks
- Village Forest Management
- Farm Walk
- Organic Food
- Bird trek
- Community get-together