1 Lac Happy Travellers!
Read what these happy Kashmir Travelers have to say! #Travel
Beautifully planned & stress-free!
"I took this road trip with Tripshelf after I got to see it over Facebook. I put a query and they contacted us and shared all details. They were quite cooperative. I was planning for a 6 day Leh to Leh trip but then Anuj asked if we would like to do a longer road trip and the route was Chandigarh- Patnitop- Srinagar- Leh- Pangong- Nubra- Rohtang- manali- Chandigarh. It was a instant yes from my group as it sounded very exciting. And indeed it was.. this route is beautifully planned and does not stress you much. We had a relaxing trip with ample no.of halts. Hotels were good just that they were little away from the main market areas which usually tourists want to explore when in a new city. They can maybe look into correcting this a little. Rest the places were good, people were supportive. It was a memorable 12 day long road trip. The landscapes of Ladkah are so nice that other things hardly matter. But all in all it was a great experience and I would like to recommended Tripshelf and Adventure Singh for your adventure trips."
A Good & Safe option for Solo Female Travelers
"Tripshelf has a very good customer relations and sales team. I traveled solo through them to Leh (Srinagar-Leh-Manali road trip). Travelling solo in a group is not easy but with the tour organizers taking care of every small concern made my life easier. It was as good and safe as I would have traveled with my family or close friends. Accommodation, food all was very good and hygienic. The accommodation was really cozy, clean and well maintained. Although the travel vehicle could have being better but small hiccups in 12 days tour are understandable. I recommend this to all. Value for money. Would love to travel again with them."
Top Packages to Kashmir
Kashmir Family Tour Package with Houseboat Stay
5 Nights; INR 12000 per person
Sold by Rizz Tour and TravelsBook Now
Paradise Kashmir Package with Stay in Houseboat
4 Nights; INR 8999 per person
Sold by Overseas HolidaysBook Now
For the Summer Months (May - August) carry light jackets, sweaters and socks.
For the the rest of the months (March - April & September to November) carry jackets, sweaters, inners, socks, and wind-cheaters as it tends to get Windy around this time.
If you are tired of the Blazing Summers in your hometown, and would like to unwind at a pristine place, then March to June & September to October would be a great time to travel.
By Rail - The major railway stations are located at Jammu, Udhampur, Katra & Ramnagar.
By Bus - Buses ply between Delhi - Jammu/Srinagar that take roughly 12 Hours.
Non-Veg dishes to try-
1. Mutton Rogan Josh (most famous dish)
2. Mutton Yakhni (yoghurt based mutton curry)
3. Goshtaba (Meatballs in Yoghurt gravy, good for digestion)
4. Matschgand (Meatballs in spicy red gravy)
5. Mujigaad (Fish prepared with radish)
6. Chicken Pulav (rice prepared with chicken and Kashmiri spices)
7. Aab Gosht (Mutton prepared in Milk and cardamom gravy)
8. Marchhwangan Korma (Chicken thighs/legs cooked in onion gravy)
1. Dum Olav (Spicy dish made from potatoes cooked in yoghurt and spices)
2. Lyodur Tschaman (Paneer cooked in creamy turmeric based gravy)
3. Rajma Gogji (Kidney Beans cooked with turnips)
4. Gogji Nadir (Lotus Stems & Turnips cooked in a light gravy)
5. Khatte Baingan (Tangy whole Brinjal dish)
6. Veth Chaman (Fried Paneer in a spicy gravy)
7. Nadier Palak (Lotus Stems cooked with Spinach)
Do try the Kashmiri Kahwa, which is basically a green tea, flavored with saffron, cinnamon and cardamom, garnished with almonds. It is a very body-warming drink prevalent all across the Valley.
Some rainfall is expected in the months of June to August, whereas in the Summer months of April to June, the sun can get a bit too intimidating, but the evenings are quite pleasant.