Sold By Rural Odyssey 280 Packages Sold
28th Jan - Exploring farms, nature & life of bees!
> Assemble at Haldwani/Kathgodam at 6 am on Saturday morning.
> Depart for destination in traveler van. (90 minutes)
> Enjoy the picturesque journey crossing Bhimtal.
> Upon arrival, welcome by hosts, stroll around the homestay.
> After freshening up, sit down for breakfast.
> Later, walk around nearby farms to understand the traditional farming techniques of the local communities.
> Continue your walk along the river exploring some secret pristine swimming spots.
> Post lunch, go for a hands-on experience with the beekeeping art.
> Learn about the beehive, understand their life cycle, learn how to care for bees, benefits of honey and making of some excellent products from wax and honey.
> In the evening, go for a walk in the village and experience a glimpse of old Kumaoni lifestyle.
> Afterward, settle around a bonfire with some games, conversations, music and good food.
29th Jan - Walk through the Forest
> Spend the day leisurely with nature & hike to the top of Karkotak peak with packed lunch. (3km) (Altitude - 1800m)
> Listen to the local's story about the peak while on the way.
> Enjoy the trail full of rich forests of pine & oak trees, river by the side & a few villages.
> Enjoy lunch with conversations with locals.
> Head back to homestay via a different route.
> Have tea & pack your bags.
> Depart to Haldwani for onward journey.
> Accommodation : 1 night in simple and comfortable homestays on twin-sharing basis.
> Transfers : All travel from Delhi to Delhi if opted for the same. Otherwise, all travel from Haldwani to Haldwani in traveler van.
> Sightseeing : On foot
> Meals : All meals(breakfast, lunch and dinner) in the village.
> Expenses of guides during our stay in the village.
1) Colonial Stay – The homestays are a part of a 100-acre old colonial bungalow. The face of the bungalow is completely plastered with stone as are all the exterior walls, which creates a magnificent set of nature around.
2) Beekeeping – Observe the sophisticated structure of bee civilization. From the guards at the hive entry to the nurses tending the little, to the “energetic females” and “lazy males,” to the glaring elusive queen, each bee has a place inside this complex community. Not to mention that you will be tasting the freshest honey from the hive.
3) Organic Farming – Experience the fine art of organic farming, know why the world should move to organic farming, and it’s other benefits. Learn a skill or two for your terrace garden.
4) Nature Walk – Walk the prosperous pine and oak forests, experience the rich varieties of wildflowers & plants along with eye-catching landscape. Also visit some hidden crystal clear water pools.
5) Village Walk – Walk through the village, interact with the locals, learn and understand the “pahaadi” lifestyle. Look for the local inventions.
6) Dairy Farming – Dairy farming is one of the primary livelihoods in the community. Understand the aspects of dairy farming: milk collection, fodder for livestock, testing parameters, packaging, etc.
7) Traditional Folklore and Trek – Listen to the traditional folklore of Karkotak, a snake. Also, hike to the hilltop to the Karkotaka temple listening to some amazing folklores. Not to mention that view of Bhimtal is just spectacular from Karkotak peak.