Feeling worked out, stressed, fatigued or just tired of the monotony and chaos of day-to-day life? A rejeuvenating, invigorating, exhilarating trek can take all that off and give you happiness that you have been seeking for so long. Most of the treks are strenuous and difficult and not for newbies but everyone starts somewhere so, there are some easy treks too which you can take. Trekking in general isn’t easy, it requires a lot of efforts and sheer determination. Also, it doesn’t mean that just because you are an amateur trekker you can’t have an exciting yet safe trek. You sure as hell can! All you need to do is follow some basic guidelines and tips. What’s that? Well, we will help you with that! Click here to see the wide range of destinations for weekend trips nearby Delhi.
(Image Source- Dollar Ganguly)
1. Make Sure You Are Fit & Fine: If you are planning for a trek, fitness is always something that should be your topmost priority and the foremost thing to be considered. Getting a full medical checkup done is what we would suggest.If you catch cold or cough or have dizziness, dysentery, headaches or anything that needs urgent attention don’t hesitate telling your trek manager about it. Explore our amazing packages here especially created for this long weekend!!
(Image Source: Arpita Agnihotri)
2. Pack As Light As It Can Be: Don’t overload your bag with unnecessary stuff just because “Pata nahi kab kaam aa jaaye.’ DON’T! Limit it only to the necessities like food, medicines, clothing, water bottles, sun protection and toiletries. That’s all. Okay, just make 2 or 3 more additions if you really wish but don’t go overboard with it. Keep in mind its a trek & you don’t want a heavy bag to keep pulling you down. Click to REGISTER for the upcoming Weekend Trips to 15+ Wanderlust Destinations nearby Delhi.
(Image Source: Prattyush Sharma)
3. Stock Up Food & Water: You might not get food every time you feel hungry during a trek and carrying it with yourself is a smart thing to do! It is advisory to have water and something to eat every 2 hours. It will keep you hydrated and energetic. Pack protein bars, dry fruits, nuts, energy bars and dried fruits. Give away junk for a while and only munch upon food which will keep you full for a longer period. Fire in your belly? Click here to see the detailed itineraries for a trek to Spiti Valley.
(Image Source: Arpit Gunecha)
4. Keep Your Manners In Check: “Leave No Trace” when trekking which basically means, don’t forget to carry out whatever you took in. follow the ‘unspoken’ rules of the trek. Take all your trash with you and act like a responsible trekker! Maintain the sanctity and the integrity of the path and leave it as you found it. Clean & Pure. The only thing that you should leave behind is your footsteps and NOTHING else. Click here to see the detailed itineraries for a trek to Bhrigu Lake.
(Image Source: Plantbyte)
5. Don’t Compromise On Research: Well, you must do a detailed and extensive research for the trek and that too meticulously. Before choosing a place for trekking know as much as you can about it. Talk to people who have trekked there before and gather information from the internet, travel magazines and other sources. Its advisable that if you are a beginner opt for an easy trek and explore! Click to discuss the upcoming Weekend Trips nearby Delhi.
(Image Source: Lara Burmi)
6. Dress Wisely & Take Enough Warm Clothes: It’s gonna get colder while you climb upwards and you might feel chilly winds brushing against your skin. Don’t fall sick and be careful while dressing. Wool and Fleece keep you warm. On extremely cold days you might need a hat or a woollen cap and a heavier layer of clothing. All said and done, make sure your clothing allows free body movement. Explore our amazing packages here especially created for this long weekend!!
(Image Source: Nachiket)
7. Stay Safe: Be vigilant! While trekking there are many potential dangers that might not even seem like danger at first. Don’t touch plants, fruits or animals especially if they don’t seem familiar. Research well and make sure you know the safety precautions if trekking to a place known for poisonous snakes, monkeys, mountain lions or other dangerous animals. Also, keep your family & friends updated about your whereabouts and when will you be coming back so that if you don’t return in time, they know where to send help and try not to trek alone. Click here to see the wide range of destinations for weekend trips nearby Delhi.
(Image Source: Vivek Prashar)
8. Wear Water Resistant Trekking Shoes: I think none of us want to slip, fall down and hurt ourselves while trekking. That literally sounds like the worst nightmare! Well, to avoid such a mishappening to happen with you, keep a pair or better two of water resistant trekking shoes. A great pair of trekking shoes will give you a good grip while climbing and will protect your feet from getting wet while crossing streams & waterfalls. Click to REGISTER for the upcoming Weekend Trips to 15+ Wanderlust Destinations nearby Delhi.
(Image Source: Nikworks)
9. Budget Is Important: Food and accommodation should be given enough consideration while planning the budget for the trek. The money you will carry should be more than what you estimated might be spent as there can be many unforeseen, unexpected and unavoidable expenses that might pop up during the trek. You might need to buy a trek accessory that you forgot to bring along and you might not find ATMs along the way so better withdraw money beforehand. Travelling doesn’t come alone!It brings good vibes too! Make the best out of this long weekend. Explore our amazing packages here especially created for this long weekend and let the good vibes flow!!
(Image Source: Manav Sood)
10. Keep A Few Pairs Of Cotton Pants & Socks: Imagine getting wet accidentally & staying in those clothes for a long time. Well, getting wet is part of the journey, staying wet is a choice you will have to make if you don’t have clothes which dry easily. Also, another thing which newbie trekkers aren’t aware of is that the chances of your socks getting wet are way too high. And it will make you uncomfortable. More importantly, it’s necessary to keep your feet warm at all times to be less fatigued,so cotton socks are great help. Click to discuss the upcoming Weekend Trips nearby Delhi.
(Image Source: Siddhi)
These are as per us the 10 things you must remember when you are going trekking! Are you an avid trekker or a novice?? Do you have any trekking experiences which you think taught you something? Do share them with us!! And, if you think we have missed out on some important tip for our fellow trekkers do tell us! Explore our amazing packages here especially created for this long weekend!!
(Image Source: Dhaval Sadaria)
Contributed by: Japneet Kaur