“Gar Firdaus bar-rue zamin ast, hami asto, hamin asto, hamin ast.” – A famous quote by Mughal Emperor Jehangir when he visited Kashmir in the 17th century is often quoted by many when they visit Kashmir. The quote when translated into English means ‘If there is heaven on earth, it is here, it is here, it is here’. The Mughal Emperor was so impressed by the beauty in Kashmir that he would often say, if one has not visited this beautiful paradise, they are missing out on something worthwhile. Look for your dream Kashmir Tour here.
Even the great Kalidasa said “The place is more beautiful than heaven and is the benefactor of supreme bliss and happiness. It seems to me that I am taking a bath in the lake of nectar here.”
There is a magical aura in Kashmir that one can feel and live with. Sir Walter Lawrence, the author of ‘The Valley of Kashmir,’ has written lucidly about the beauty of Kashmir. He penned “The valley is an emerald set in pearls; a land of lakes, clear streams, green turf, magnificent trees and mighty mountains where the air is cool, and the water sweet, where men are strong, and women vie with the soil in fruitfulness”. Click here to check 30+ Kashmir Tour itineraries, & see the one suits you.
The story behind the name
Whenever one comes across a beautiful or a different name, there is always an itch to know what the name means or where did it come from. Kashmir in Sanskrit means land desiccated from the water. It is made up of two words ‘Ka’ meaning water and ‘shimeera’ implying desiccate. As per mythological tales in Hindu scriptures, it was the revered Sage Kashyap who drained an erstwhile lake to carve a place like Kashmir.
There are many tales, folklore, and stories that essay the forming of this beautiful and blessed destination that we know as Kashmir. Walk down on this paradise, and you will know that nature can be breathtakingly amazing. The beauty here can leave anyone speechless. Look for your dream Kashmir Tour here.
The only state to experience all four seasons
Kashmir is the only state where you get to witness all four seasons – winter, summer, monsoon, and spring in a year. It is also the only destination in India where you get to see spring season in its best form. In a way, it is more than a perfect destination for travellers who want to experience the seasons of nature at their best. Those who wish to book a Kashmir holiday package can decide which time of the year they want to go based on their season preference.
One destination for all
Going to Kashmir can be fun if you want to travel alone, with family, friends or simply to spend your honeymoon. Even those looking for an over-the-edge adventure Kashmir offers camping, trekking, and mountaineering to lead a thrilling time.
The to-do list in Kashmir
Brace yourself, when in Kashmir the wish list can go long, and you will never be exhausted with options. This tourist hotspot offers a plethora of activities, sightseeing, and adventure sports to indulge in:
- For those who love books, poetry and solitude can book a stay in a houseboat. Live amidst nature, pen down heart touching verses and take back poetic memories to cherish with family, friends and your special someone. Know someone getting married? Help him/her to get the best Kashmir Honeymoon packages on Tripshelf, Click Here.
- Hitch a shikara ride at various lakes spread across Kashmir, the famous one being the Dal Lake. It is the most searched travel destination on the internet by travel enthusiasts.
- To get a bird’s eye view of Kashmir don’t forget to take the cable car ride which is touted as the best ride in Asia and the longest one too. The ride takes travelers across a beautiful stretch in Kashmir where you see lush greenery mingling with mighty mountains. Click here to check 45+ Kashmir Tour itineraries, & see the one suits you.
- Live the reel moment seen in your favorite yesteryear films. Sit on horseback and ride through the hilly terrain. Get a chance to tame the horse as well as watch the majestic Kashmir unfold its layers.
- Honeymooning couples can ignite their love and fuel their passion as they walk by Tulip Garden, that is shown in various movies. The floral beauty will leave the lovebirds smitten for eternity. It is here they would want to turn into romantic nomads, with mountains guiding them to lovely lanes and roads that lead to marital bliss. Look for your dream Kashmir Tour here.
- The adventure lovers can go ballistic as there are unlimited sports to explore in this valley. From mountain climbing, trekking, biking, skiing, and camping – there is no dearth of activities one can do when in Kashmir.(Image Source – The Orange Backpack)
- Those seeking spiritual and religious connection, Kashmir houses some of the best places of worship in the world. There is the famous and popular shrine – the Amarnath Cave – Lord Shiva’s shrine that is believed to be over 5,000 years old. It is during the winter season that an ice stalagmite takes the form of a Shiv Ling, due to which devotees from across the globe come to worship this natural wonder.
This is just a teaser to what Kashmir offers to its visitors. There are many things to be explored including the rich alpine forests, natural vegetation cover, pristine streams as well as lovely gardens. What set’s this destination apart from others popular tourist destinations is the residents who are warm, welcoming and pleasant hosts. Even the hotel staff that manage houseboats offer spectacular hospitality to travellers. They serve the best foods and leave no stone unturned to make guests comfortable in this destination. Look for your dream Kashmir Tour here.
Looking to switch off your mind from the daily hustle-bustle than we suggest book Kashmir Holiday package right way. Winter season is months away; it is during summer that Kashmir comes to life. Many destinations within Kashmir close owing to roadblocks in winter. With summer sun, the roads are clear, and one can travel anywhere with ease and smile. So, select a suitable package from the various Kashmir Holiday Packages and visit this heaven on earth. Can’t wait for a romantic trip to Kashmir? Call: 011-49058399 or, Click Here to select your preferred itinerary.